This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are generally Monday thru Thursday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm & Sunday 8:00 am – 3:00 pm. However, the position requires overnight, on-call duty and/or the ability to work during nonstandard hours when the need arises including weekends.
The Facilities Lead is a servant leader who will work under the direct supervision of the Facilities and Safety Manager and in harmony with other staff members and ministry team leaders in fulfilling the church’s purpose and vision to “Connect people with God and others!” This critical role serves Summit Church by coordinating and executing various improvement, repair and maintenance projects as training staff and volunteers on the facilities team.
RESPONSIBILITES AND DUTIES
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
− Ability to ascend and descend staircases
• Constantly position self to stoop, kneel, crouch and use ladder
• Able to extend hands and arms to complete assigned tasks
• Must be able to remain in a stationary (sitting or standing) position for an extended period of time
• Must be able to push or pull objects and carts when needed
• Must be able to move objects horizontally, from position-to-position
• Exert up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, up to 35 lbs. of force frequently, and up to 20 lbs. of force constantly to move objects
• Express and exchange ideas by means of spoken word
• Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound
• Repeat movements and motions of the wrists, hands, and fingers
• Required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as, but not limited to: o Viewing a computer screen
o Reading written documents
o Determining accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned or to make general observations of event structure and layout
• Subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
• Subject to noise, there may be noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level