This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are generally Monday thru Thursday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm & Sunday 8:00 am – 3:00 pm. However, the position requires overnight, on-call duty and/or the ability to work during nonstandard hours when the need arises including weekends.
The Lead Teacher is accountable for supervising the ministry of children (infants through kindergarten) during weekend services and all children during childcare events. The role of the Lead Teacher is to follow the direction of the Early Childhood Supervisor in the implementation of the vision and mission of the church in context of the ministry. The Lead Teacher will be in charge of executing weekend services and childcare events as scheduled.
RESPONSIBILITES AND DUTIES
Early Childhood Ministry
• Provides excellent service to guests and participants of Summit Kids ministry
• Offers check in services to families with children
• Supervises and supports staff and volunteer needs during ministry events
• Maintains order and discipline within the operation of the ministry
• Provides supervision of ministry operations including opening and closing procedures and
ensuring classrooms are prepared for ministry
• Reporting of incidents to the Assistant Children’s Pastor and parents
• Ensures that all guidelines set forth in the Employee Handbook and ministry SOPs are
• Attends all ministry meetings and trainings
• Promotes and participates in Children’s Ministry events including but not limited to VBS,
Chosen, community events, holiday services and camp
• Performs administrative or support tasks as assigned to support ministry operations